Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Friday, July 17, 2009

All the news that's unfit to print

Ok, the title might be a skosh misleading... and by skosh I mean more than a little... and by more than a little I mean a lot. HEY! I'm kind of like the main stream media now! Another post...

I was going to post this afternoon and review the new Harry Potter and cover a few other things but I could not wait.

I did not walk this morning. Just didn't feel up to it. I have to go by the bank for dad, do some grocery shopping, drop by the department of labor (I will have to post about that one day), and some other stuff of no real importance. Since the bank doesn't open until 9 I spent the morning goofing around on the computer, browsing some of the blogs, and occasionally examining the inside of my eyelids (Nothing worth seeing there).

So I was getting ready and decided to jump on the scale one day earlier. I know, I know.... should be weighing once a week on the same day under the same conditions but I opted to throw caution to the wind. I am on the edge folks, on the EDGE I tells ya! aherm. Sorry. So I get on the scale and while doing my Squinty McGee impersonation the scale says I have picked up 3 pounds. HOLY CRAP! For the record I used a word that means crap but can't be said on network tv. Ok, now I am pissed. I get off the scale and take a long hard look in the mirror. I cut back on my eating, increased my water intake, cut out most of the sodas, stopped going to the chinese buffet, even started a little walking, and taking the long way around campus. I even started eating a healthy cereal and taking a multi-vitamin.

Bah, dammit. I bend over to push the scale under the sink so I don't have to look at it and notice something odd. The scale is not zeroed (It is not a digital scale). Hmmm. I zero it and decide to try again. This time it is a different result. 319 pounds. WOW! I lost six pounds this week. I am as giddy as a school girl with her first crush. Ok, that was creepy. Still moving in the right direction which is good.

So now I am off to run my errands and take care of what I need to get done today. One of my nephews is coming to visit from Colorado on Saturday. Slave labor really. I need help with some stuff around the yard and since my dad is in a wheelchair he can't help. I might even put him to work tomorrow after he gets here. Start him off right. muwahahahahahaha. No, I'm just kidding, mostly.

So I had a good week in school and lost some weight. Life is good at the moment. I will likely post my review of the new Harry Potter tonight sometime. I hate going to the bank and cna't put it off any longer. Later folks!!

Remember:
A bird in the hand equals a really messy hand!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled internet.

Mike

2 comments:

Denver Refashionista said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I think it will continue but don't get discouraged if you fluctuate a few pounds. You will get where you want to go if you keep excercising and eating better.

I think over time you will feel better too and find you have more energy.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Congrats on the lost poundage! I would have been as giddy as a school girl too... ;)

Niiiice planning to put your nephews to work when he arrives... :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your awesome comment...much appreciated and enabled me to discover your blog! :) Hope you have a great weekend - try not to work your nephew too hard! ;)