Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Saturday, July 18, 2009

Awww damn I'm tired

I was going to post a review of the new Harry Potter flick. I am just too tired at this point to type up a lengthy one so here goes the quickie version.

The movie picked up where #5 left off. Nice. The storyline was not overly complex but it focused mainly on the relationships between the schoolmates, mostly. The acting was far better than in previous movies, the overall use of CGI for the magic in their world was quite subtle and helped the movie progress nicely. I liked it. I liked it a lot. I am going back to see it tomorrow with my nephew.

There is a moment near the end of the movie that had me saying (to myself since I was in a theater crowded with small and young children); 'What the f**k?' It fit and it worked but I didn't like it. From what I have been told it followed the book extremely well. I have not read any of the books but I may break down after the last 2 movies are released (Book 7 is to be split in to 2 movies) and actually strain my eyeballs. Then again I will probably just buy the DVD's and complete the set and watch them over and over and over and... whew I am tired.

I give this movie, on a scale of Frog to Infinity, a wombat snogging a platypus. Of course since only I know the conversion formula (from my scoring system to the standard 1-10 rating) I will also tell you it rates a solid 9+. Go see it. Use the bathroom before going in, pack a lunch, complete your will, and inform the family you will be gone for a while. It is 2.5 hours long and closer to 3 with the previews and other stuff (at least it was at my theater). Well worth the price of admission.

===============

Ok, on to more important things. I posted 2 news pictures on my page above (You kinda can't miss them when you land here). I was over at GypsyFox's site and noticed she has a thing for stuff that is older than I am. It is a lovely site and I enjoy the vintage style pictures and theme (Go check it out if you have not been there). I saw a cookbook icon of the old Betty Crocker cookbook and I remembered something. My father and I are currently in possession of two BC cookbooks my mom got from her mom. That is what the pictures are of (By the way, I will shrink them down and move them to the side in a few days). I remember my mom using them all the time and my dad still refers to them on occasion. They were well used and show it. I thought everyone would get a kick out of them though.

I picked up my nephew from the airport today. He is tired. He has been complaining that he had to get up at 4am this morning. Poor thing must be absolutely tuckered out. I mean heaven forbid he should have to get up before noon on one day of his summer vacation. I feel so sorry for him. He just stopped in to tell me he is laying down to take a nap. WTH? At 6:30 in the evening? Damned slackers. I will give him an hour to get good and asleep then my little friend ice water and I are going in to say hello. Might have to try to get some pics. If I do I will post them here.

Ummm, what else. Drugs. Forgot my shots last nite. I fell asleep, way early, and slept until almost 3 this morning. Said to hell with it, rolled back over and went back to sleep. Yea, yea. I know. This is the first one I have missed so cut me some slack. Come to think of it I missed my teeth whitening procedure last nite as well. Well poop. Going to have to make sure I don't miss anything tonite.

I am playing in the beta test of a new MMO called Aion. I chose to play a female toon. A friend from another game used to say that makes the toon a 'shim' (She played by a he). I have made it clear that if I have to stare at the ass of an avatar I am not going to be creeped out in any way. No, you don't have to go there so don't bother asking. Got it?!

It's a nice enough game but the attraction is I can fly. Only for short periods but who cares. I can fly. All well and good but if I am way up when my energy runs out it ends badly. Kind of like not paying attention to which mount you are on in WoW (World of Warcraft) and running off a cliff in Northrend (Some have wings, some don't). It is one of those stupid moments where you look around to see if anyone witnessed you act of superior moronitude... kind of like when you are walking through a busy mall and trip on the ever so thin air in front of you.

What else can I talk about? Hmmmm, I could talk about politics. I think I will start another blog dedicated to anything political. Stupid cat tricks? Not enough space on the internet for that. I need to write Caitlin a return letter. She is a sweety and I miss her laugh. She is just a friend and I like it that way. Oh she is adorable and cute and silly (just the way I like em) but there is only one problem. She is only 18. Just a friend, nothing more. She is out of state as a missionary and I promised to write to her. We have already sent each other one letter so the ball is in my court. I will do that tomorrow.

My eyeballs hurt now. I think I am going to shoot up, self medicate, and then pop in a movie. Something pointless and without value me thinks. I don't own anything with Steven Segal or Jean Claude van Damme so no comedies. BOOOO! Bad joke! Bad Joke! Sorry for that folks. They always sound far better in my head than they look like once I type them out.

Laters taters!

and remember this pearl of wisdom:
If you can not find it in your heart to forgive then your heart will never know forgiveness.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled internet.

5 comments:

Denver Refashionista said...

Hmmm... that Harry Potter sounds good. I wish it was on video so I could rent it. I am feeling far too lazy and cheap to go to the actual theatre. Maybe I'll go with my hubby next week when he is on vacation.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Can you believe that I have not seen any of the Harry Potter movies? I know...as far as I know insanity does not run in my family. ;)

Love the cookbooks that were your grandmothers - I have a bunch of old/ancient/antique cookbooks that I've picked up here and there - they're so much fun to read through and experiment recipes from! :)

A shim...heh, heh! But your reasoning makes sense! :)

Did you make sure to medicate yourself and get some sleep last night, hmmmmm?

Hope the rest of your weekend was good - and that your nephew didn't turn out to be a total slacker! ;)

Have Myelin? said...

I have all the Betty Crocker cookbooks. Even the Junior Miss ones. Yeah. They are quite used. HA.

As for Harry Potter...color me potted, but can you believe I have yet to read a book (could not..could not...make it past Chapter one and I love to read!) and the movies bored me silly...*blush*) so what can I say?

Mike said...

Ok.. what is wrong with you people? No Harry Potter?! Come on folks, get yer butts up and get going. ;) just kidding

It's worth it to see it in the theater. Of course if you have not read the books or watched all the movies you will be more than a little lost but it really does an excellent job of standing on it's own. There are a few bits that reference back but nothing that would render the movie ununderstanable (I am not sure but I don't think that's a real word there).

And for you folks that like to cook take a look at the previews for Julie * Julia (Google that and the first link is the official site). I think you will all find it neato.

Ok, I need to post that link on the front page. Right now. cyas!

GypsyFox said...

LOL you are a hoot! thanks for the mention in this post :) I took a 4-day blog vaca, just got back today! & I can see the pics I SO have that book too!!!! LOVE it (unfortunatly it's still in one of my boxes in storgae, this reminds me to dig it out!) I do like Harry Potter even though it seems the older geeration in my family tells me "it's the devil"