Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Saturday, July 11, 2009

Exercise, day 1

Got up early. Weighed myself. For those that might be playing along at home the number is 325. Popped in my Tai Chi for Beginners DVD. Spent about 30 minutes trying to get the first 3 moves down. Spent the first 30 minutes trying not to fall over. Made some progress but wasn't the slightest bit worked out. Tried an old workout tape I found in my closet. Wood floor with a crawlspace+325 pound man+jumping jacks = dad wondering if we were having an earthquake (small house btw).

Nixed that idea.

Threw on some old sweats and a tshirt with my camo boonie hat (I should get a pic of that just for s&g's. you folks might get a kick out of it) and went walking. Seventy minutes (including the stop to get that rock outta my shoe) and 2.1 miles later I was done. Sweating like crazy but strangely I feel.... not bad. Looks like a lot of walking every morning. Means I will have to be up about 1.5 hours before I normally get up for the walks. yay (and since you can't really tell that was said with a heavy amount of sarcastic undertone).

I might stick a gadgety thing to one side to track weekly weight. We'll see. Another thing I have to do is to stop eating so much (means my favorite Chinese buffet is out, *sob*). Will need to go to the store and look for healthy stuff (like rabbit food for starters. but we don't like rabbit food. yes we do now hush and finish your post.) and some snacks that will be better for me. I suddenly have the oddest craving for tofu right now..... and sushi.

Anyhoodles, going to get my laundry done then go check out the health food section at the grocery store. Being in South Georgia I have low expectations so perhaps I will get a nice surprise. Boy is my regular doctor going to be sooooo mad with me.

3 comments:

kmilyun said...

I suppose telling you that my problem right now is gaining weight it would not be a good thing? LOL

Too bad there exists no known way to initiate a weight transfer.

Kudos on the exercise. Rock on!

Mike said...

Hmmm, weight transfer. If we use a hydrogen based laser.... at a frequency of, say, 200 terra hertz.... possibly with a refracting lens with an inverse of Pi(r to the -14th power).... hey, i think we are on to something!

Tanks for the bump there. We shall see what happens tomorrow morning when my alarm goes off. :)

Denver Refashionista said...

I want to imagine your doing yoga. There are good DVDs, everybody's doing it, you know you want too. Seriously, good luck with the excercise and healthy eating.