Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Thursday, July 9, 2009

OMG moment...

This will be quick. I just had one of those moments where something clicks in your head so hard your ass wonders what just happened.

I have tried, for the entirety of my life, to be a non-conformist. I wanted to be different, not like the rest of the crowd. I didn't want to be one of the sheeple I see aimlessly wandering through their existence basing their happiness on the newest Paris fashion or what kind of soda the hottest starlets were drinking. I went out of my way to not fit the mold and it caused me more than a little bit of grief over the years (Never good to be too different in high school... ever) but I took it, built on it and always moved forward.

Now that I have MS I think I would give just about anything to be like the rest of the herd. I don't want to be different or stand out. I just want to quietly blend in to the meadow, munch serenely on my posies, live a totally uneventful life, and then keel over quietly in my sleep. I think someone is laughing at me now.

Be careful what you wish for.....

2 comments:

Anne said...

I, myself, NEVER did fit into the "mold of the day" and always was different, and never was one of the "sheeple who based their happiness on the newest trends." Even in school, I was always the stand out because usually I was the new kid in class.

It took me a long time (into my 30's and after having two children) to figure out that the "mold of the day" was not where I wanted to be in the first place. Because I was different (in childhood years due to lots of different homes/schools and because of abuse), I just tried to be the best that I could be in whatever I was working on at the time.

I got MS at age 23 (I'm 55 now) and in those days, the doctors were reluctant to label you with MS because it was a disease that supposedly attacked people OVER age 40. So here I go again, I was different..in that I was young and alone in a diagnosis, sitting in doctors' offices with other MSers who were age 40 and over.

Now I am part of a herd - a MS herd. And unfortunately it is getting to be a bigger herd every day.

It is amazing how those Ah-ha moments just creep up on ya!

Take care,
Anne

Have Myelin? said...

I've always been different too- was told I "heard the beat of a different drummer" that *insert famous name* said. Since I have MS and a cognitive disorder I can't remember who said it. HA!

I wasn't diagnosed until was 51 so talk about bucking the trend. OOOOOOoooooo! But they tell me they think I've had it 25+ years. So now I know why I had all these strange things going on. Ah-ha.

Maybe I wasn't so different after all.