Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Friday, July 24, 2009

Whatcha dooooin?

I have a confession to make. Actually, I have several but I didn't want to scare you away right off the bat. Is it possible to scare you people away? I mean come on, how bad are things in the world when people end up here, at my blog, reading my insane ramblings, silly quotes, and other things of no significant consequence? Pretty bad me thinks. At least my nephew doesn't sugar coat it when he says I am rude, mean, and an overall pain in the ass. Of course, I just tell him to shut up get back to work in the yard. rofl!

This leads me to a quick story about him. Sunday afternoon we were coming back from town after I had taken him to see Harry Potter (which means I have seen it twice and well worth it) and to get dinner. We went to my favorite Chinese buffet and gorged ourselves like a couple of crocodiles at the riverbank during a wildebeest migration. We were both sleepy but since I was driving I thought it might be bad form to take a nap. He, however, was dozong peacefully in the passenger seat of my truck. Head back, eyes closed, breathing slow and steady and then it came to me. A practical joke to make him soil himself. I waited until he was sleeping for a few minutes and there was no traffic behind us. Then..... all at the same time I slammed my hand on the dashboard, slammed on the brakes, and yelled "LOOK OUT" at the top of my lungs. At this point I must confess, I wish I had a video camera running. He bolted upright in his seat, eyes the size of Waffle House pancakes, and gasping for air while trying to climb backwards through the seat all the while trying to figure out what was going on. After a few moments of hilarity, on my part, he realized I was pranking him. By now I am laughing so hard I could barely keep the truck in a straight line but it was worth it. The look on his face was, dare I say it, priceless. I think you all should be made aware of two things. The first is that he did not soil himself (thankfully since it is my truck) and he was mad as a wet cat. I am laughing at him right now as I type this. Good times I tells ya, good times.

School. What can I say. English class is over and I am sure I passed with at least B. I won't know until she posts the grades next week. Sucktitude. I am not worried about History. I only need 33 on the final for a B so I am golden there. Math on the other hand is still a concern. I got a 68 on the last test. I studied my ass off and was even showing classmates how to work the problems before class, minutes before the test. when I got the test though, my mind went blank. I used the entire class period to answer what I could and still left maybe 3 or 4 unanswered because I just could not figure out how to work them. The instructor says I should not worry because I will pass. I wish I could believe that. Finals are next Wednesday.

At this point I would like to make an observation. For the entire semester I have been asking people, in both History and Math, to form a study group so we could work together in learning the information. Help shore up the weaker areas and solidify the stronger ones. I practically begged them but nothing. Now this week everyone is coming to me saying they want to get with me to cover material and form a study group. I agreed because it really is never too late. Well, the day of finals will be but you know what I mean. I will be meeting with several of my history classmates next week. Good on them. The ones in math though simply walked out of the room at the end of class without saying anything. We will all suffer a little more for it. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Let's see now... made fun of my nephew, check! Talked about school, check! Ahhh, my battle of the bulge. It has been a rough week. Between the stress of tests this week and prepping for finals next week I have been a bad, bad boy. I have not walked in the mornings at all. Not because I felt poorly but just because I didn't feel like walking. Also, I have been eating more than I should. Two trips to the buffet this week as well as an increase in coffee and cookies at the coffee shop. Also at home I have been eating more. I did get on the scale this morning and I still lost 2 pounds so I am down to 317. I was very surprised by this. It may catch up to me next week if I don't do something about it now. there is some yard work my nephew andI are going to do tomorrow (I might take pics) but I need to do my walking. I will let you know how that goes.

Now on to the confession. The title to this post was shamelessly borrowed from a Disney Channel cartoon, Phineas and Ferb. One of the characters, Isabella, has a huge crush on Phineas and whenever she arrives on scene she always asks him 'Whatcha dooooin?'. I have to say I watch the cartoon every chance I get. It is funny and I always laugh. If you have not seen it go on over to the site here. i think you will like it. This long lead in comes to a point now. Lately I have been asking myself that question.

When I allow myself to become stressed, stay out in the heat of the day too long, or push myself harder than I know I should I have to step back and ask myself that question. I know that it will lead to flare-ups of my MS symptoms which is not good at all. I have to get in the habit of asking that question before these things happen so I can avoid putting myself in the position of paying for it later. We all need to do this. Not only as it relates to our illnesses but just in general.

I need to cut this short right now but in my next post I am going to go into detail about this. I will also cover some other points that have been cropping up in my life in regards to my MS and my Diabetes. If you have any questions then drop me a line or leave a comment. I do read them and often respond but I would like to get an idea what other people, even those that are perfectly healthy, are thinking.

Later taters!!!

3 comments:

Have Myelin? said...

I rather enjoyed your prank! :-)

I applaud you for even WALKING. I won't even do that and I'm not overweight, I'm over-squishy. I need to tone up. (you're thinking gee, I'd settle for that!)

I've been overweight before when my IV Steroids sent my weight spiraling out of control and I gained 80 pounds in no time flat. It took me a long time to lose that weight.

....and I never did exercise. You on the other hand are walking. Good for you! You are making progress- those of us outside the forest can see your progress and the distance you've come. You are inside the forest and it is harder to see where you are right now and how close you are to the goal.

I love to walk but not alone!

Denver Refashionista said...

Meanie (LOL). Kids need to be pranked every now and then. They drive me nuts too and I'm a teacher.

Please swing by my blog and answer my questions regarding DMDs.

GypsyFox said...

rotflmao, I love that you pranked your nephew!! that's so cool & we love phineas & ferb over here too!