Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Monday, August 17, 2009

Forgotten topic :(

Poop. I just can't seem to think of anything worth writing about. I have a lot of ideas but most of them will end up being lengthy posts that no one will really want to spend the time on. I don't blame them.

Well, school started back last Friday. I had gotten used to small numbers of people on campus. I had also not bothered to equate Summer semester with this. Friday morning came and the campus was packed! There were people every frickin where. I am glad my classes are at 8am and 6pm. This means that I get to avoid the majority of these people.

This morning was even worse. I guess a lot of classes didn't start until today. I won't say it was bedlam but it reminded me a lot of walking through downtown Indianapolis before a Colts game. Cars, people walking, people on bikes..... yeesh. I still feel fortunate to be able to return to school and get the education I should have gotten 20 years ago. The only thing is I hate crowds.

So my 8am (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) is PhyEd. Fitness I to be specific. I am looking forward to when we get in the gym. I spoke to my instructor this morning after class about my issues. We are going to meet Wednesday, after class, to talk it over and perhaps set up some ideas. We are scheduled to do nothing but classroom stuff until the first week in September. I told her I wanted to get a jump on that considering everything. She was supportive of that. I will fill you folks in later in the week on that.

I had homework over the weekend on my computer class (Networking for Home and Small Businesses - Cisco). We don't meet until tomorrow night, for the first time. The instructor sent an email about what he expected. Good thing I thought to check it. Easy stuff, but I got it done and don't have to worry about it. I also downloaded, and installed, the lab software. In addition i grabbed all the labs and did the first one. It took me a few minutes to get the hang of it but it worked ok. I am going to set up my home network on it and play around. It should prove educational (irony?).

On the MS front. I have had a headache for a few days now. My hand/eye coordination is a little off on the right side and I am fumbling though my sentences a bit. I recognize this. It is exactly how my major episode started that ended with me in the hospital and my diagnosis in January. I hope that it is just stress about the new semester starting. I have not gotten any of the other symptoms yet. If i do I will need to call my neuro but I have my fingers crossed. The last few Copaxone injections have been uneventful. Nearly pleasant as a matter of fact. Well, as pleasant as an injection can be.

I do know I need to make an appointment to get my eyes checked out. I just need to find the money for that. I may have to call my insurance company to get some details on what my plan covers and pays for. I know I don't want contacts. The thought I touching my eyes just kind of freaks me out. Squeamish much? I didn't used to be.

So that's all I have for today. I wanted to comment on something controversial but I am just so tired of all the crap. Maybe next time.

Later taters!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled internet.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for going back to school! It is great that you are working through the things you don't like and looking at the bigger picture. Good luck with the symptoms, I hope they don't develop into something bigger.

Kimberly said...

I'm interested to hear how your Phys Ed teacher modifies the activities for you. Keep us posted. As far as your eyes go, if you think your having a problem relateed to your MS that's a MEDICAL problem. Find an Opthamologist that takes your insurance (medical). All medically related problems with the eyes are covered by your MEDICAL insuraance. Even new contacts or glasses if the change in your eyes is related, again, to a medical condition, are covered by your medical insurance.


Boy do I miss Indy and the Colts! I spent a few seasons in the dome watching them play!

Mike said...

Kim:
I will know tomorrow and will pass it along. I will find out about coverage on my eyes this week and see what I need to do. Go Colts!

Hit 40 said...

Did you find me from my MS post just a few back?? I also take copaxone. It has really helped. I had bad vertigo, my left eye is off, and my right hand has lost a little feeling. I have not had a horrific case of vertigo since taking the shots. The shots were not immediate. It took about 6 months until I felt almost like my energetic self again. I am still not who I used to be about 5 years ago.

...I want our national health plan. I would love to leave my current job, but I am frightened about my health care coverage.

Hit 40 said...

What Kimberly said is interesting? I kinda need to have my eye looked at too. I don't have eye insurance, but I do have medical insurance.

Blinders Off said...

Mike,

I was going to school on campus and the classes I was taking would not allow you to miss more than three days. Symptoms of MS made it a problem to continue going on campus. Stress is definitely a trigger for MS.

I now take all my classes online.
I wanted to share this with you in case symptoms of MS prevent you from going on campus in the future.

Kim is correct about vision coverage, as long as you go for a medical reason your vision coverage should pay for it. When I go for a medical reason, I also ask my Optometrist to check my vision because I wear glasses to knock out two birds at once, he charges me $25.00 to check and see if my vision changed. That is inexpensive considering what the payment is for the office and medical portion of the visit.

Jenni Jiggety said...

Back to school. Bahhhhhhh.

Contacts aren't bad! I won't lie though, it did take me a LONG time to get the hang of using them.

Mike said...

Talked to my instructor today. She is very sympathetic to my situation. Since we won't actually start with the workouts until the second week of september I have some time. Her suggestion is to walk, not run/jog, 3 days a week (brisk walks are best but not too push too hard. Hopefully that will get my body used to the increased heart rate without creating problems. Her hope is this will get me moving in the right direction for when we take our fitness tests. She understands I will not be able to do a lot of it now (3 minute step test for example) and we will reevaluate just prior to the tests.

No word from my insurance company about the vision plan as of yet... bastages!