Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

To walk the fine line between sanity and mental shutdown!

WOW!

That's a helluva a title to live up to, but I sometimes think that is where I am. Dad is really sick. He spent four days in the hospital last week. Diagnosis; congestive heart failure. It's like at the beginning part but still.... He still has a lot of pain (stomach he says but it is more like a gastro thing). So dad is back home but still suffers good days and bad. He ended up in the hospital because of a ton of fluid aorund his heart and lungs. They gave him high doses of some med that ended with a rash on his right arm. I have seen severe cases of poison ivy that looked tame compared to this. As of yesterday he has some more of hit creme, ointment, or whatever it is and that is helping.

Ummmm, school. The last month has been really bad, what with dad in and out of the hospital and other things. My grades started sliding. I am sitting at a high B in my two computer classes and this has me greatly distressed. By golly I want A's (except for College Algebra last Summer but I am/was thrilled with that C). It's a nit-picky thing I suppose. But it's all mine!!! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ok, enough of that silliness. So things have just been a little off kilter. I was ahead on all my assignments but I ended up getting behind and now I am paying the price. A-term comes to an end this weekend and I have finals, and papers, and unfinished assignments, and homework, and you see the dilemma. At present, I am in the midst of a break.

Life in general. Women suck. Men are turds. Everyone is either crazy, going crazy, or long since finished their trip to Looneyville. In either event I am just tired of dealing with morons, idiots, and sycophants. Occasionally, I meet this bright spot in an otherwise dim existence only to find out they are using some form of artificial light.

But... but... Mike? Could you be a bit more specific? It sounds to us like you have something you want to unload!

Well, I suppose I could but, to tell you the truth, it would not serve any real purpose. Oh sure, I could point out how someone, whom I thought was a friend, turned out to be a two-faced, lily-livered, gutless wonder but that just doesn't accomplish anything. The urge to strangle this one was strong. Instead, I ran over a random road sign (Not really, it was already down but it did make me feel a little better). Just a note for those of you who know people that are teetering close to the edge of being a TFLLGW, lose them.... it's not worth the stress and trouble.

Politics. So now all of a sudden the president wants to work with Republicans? Riiiiiiiiight. In truth he wants to make it appear he is trying to take the high road but the simple truth of the matter is that it is all a political stunt. The Democrats really see the writing on the wall and want to try to appease their base prior to the mid-term elections. I just want to say that I don't trust a single damn one of them, Democrat or Republican. For all that matter I am having a hard time putting any faith in all the talking heads. I don't care what side of the debate they endorse, they all have an agenda and it is certainly not to help me. Can we just pack them off to a deserted island, ala Survivor, and let them sort all this crap out amongst themselves? In the meantime we can elect a new group of legislators that will put the American public ahead of their own personal grab for power.

Religion. Is it wrong of me to say i don't know if I believe in God? At least as it is shoved down our throats by organized religion. I don't mean to say that here is nothing after this, not at all. I just mean to say that I can not believe this is the way it is supposed to be. I mean come on, killing each other in the name of religious zealotry? If that is the way it is supposed to be then I certainly don't want any part of it. I think it would be safe to say that if, and that's a big if, there is a single god out there not a single one of us has it right. The following question was posed to me once; How do you know what is good or evil without God?

Well, I dunno genius? Could it be if it causes someone great pain or suffering then it's probably evil and if it cause great happiness and celebration it's probably good. Bad hurts, Good feels ok. We don't like pain so it should be common sense to not make others feel pain.


I see no reason, whatsoever, to bow to the will of some all-knowing, all-powerful being, that leaves us to suffer and rot despite his call for love, when simply by exercising simple common sense we can accomplish the same goals. On this same vein, I do not tell you what to believe so sure as hell don't get in my face and tell me what to believe. If your faith dictates that you should annoy, pester, or otherwise inconvenience people then buddy, your faith is asking you to be an idiot. Oh, and if your faith says you should kill someone because they don't believe what you do, stop drinking the kool-aid and learn to think for yourself. That is all.

I had a conversation with my English instructor today. some of her other students joined in and it was quite fun so I am going to relate, to you, the basics of the conversation and ask you to join in.

We read Herman Melville's Bartleby the Scrivener in class this week. It is a hard read only because of the language. If you like Shakespeare then you will love this. In any event, if you have not read it then go do it. It's not long at all. The rest of us will wait for you.

So how is everyone doing?

Hey Bill! You get that door fixed? Yea? Good job.

Oh Susan? Yea, can you send Margaret a copy of that meatloaf recipe? Her boys loved it.


Back? Ok. So you read it. I hope you liked it. Well we were talking about who we might like to see play the key parts. Now we never really got past the lawyer (narrator) and Bartleby himself. I suggested Robin Williams as the lawyer. I think he could certainly bring the character to life. And I do expect it to be played with the seriousness that the novella imparts, and most assuredly, deserves. Everyone agreed that was a pretty fair choice. The next step was to figure out who could play Bartleby. That was a toughie but I suggested Tom Hanks. My instructor said maybe Hanks from 20 years ago and that made sense. One of the students from the next class said it should be played by Johnny Depp. That made perfect sense. Since he is known for taking some of the oddest roles this would be perfect. Sadly, that was as far as we got but I think I want to push this one when we meet on Friday. If you have any suggestions then let me know and I will pass them along.

I think that is more than enough for today. I have to get back to my schoolwork. If I don't make headway today I am so going to fail my finals.

Toodles all!!

Mike

2 comments:

kmilyun said...

Hiya Mike,

Hope your dad is improving . ...

Lots to deal with for you. I know how hard trying to keep the A's going can be - like the old saying what do you call a doctor that got all A's - a doctor. What you call a doctor that got all C's - doctor.

So sucks when a supposed friend turn out not to be.

Hang in there dude!

Have Myelin? said...

As usual you made me laugh with your take on life. =)