Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Sunday, April 18, 2010

Time moves forward

Well, I had not realized how long it had been since I posted something. I feel a little ashamed for that. Just a little. :)

Things are what they are. America is up in arms over the direction of the country. The world is waiting for the other shoe to drop in the Middle East. Earthquakes are happening with a frequency that has me more than a little worried. A volcano is disrupting air travel across the globe.

I suppose I could spend a large portion of my time worrying about these things but the truth is there is nothing I can do to change any of them. Time moves forward and events unfold, yet we must continue on.

Dad is having a rough go of it. Good days and bad days, more bad than good anymore. He is a tough old Marine though. He does what he can and tries to shrug off the rest... can't ask for anything more. I worry about him though. I guess that's my job. I am his son, after all, and his caretaker. More than that, I am human with the associated conscious. When people are not doing well I worry about them and it is no less true with dad.

School is going well. I am struggling with my Cisco class. It's a little tough to separate out the new material from the two case studies they (Cisco that is) have incorporated in to the class. I am holding on to a low B. I am not at all happy about that but all I can do is keep trying. Finals are coming up in a few weeks. That will be the real story, for me, in that class.

On the upside, I got invited in to the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. My grades and scholastic accomplishments were good enough. That invitation meant a lot to me. The recognition of my scholastic accomplishments says a lot about my desire to succeed despite my MS symptoms. It also provides me with yet another incentive to continue to do well. Of course, I can't deny that it will look good on my resume as well.

It seems that some of us cousins will be having a mini-reunion over the Memorial Day weekend. I am really looking forward to that. It should be a lot of fun. It will also be nice to get away from my day to day problems for a few days. We are meeting at my cousins place in Florida. Sunshine, family, and good times await!

Ok, I need to get back to my homework. I have a few essays that need to be rewritten, reading for my Cisco class, and some other stuff to finish for my English class. Later everyone!

Mike

2 comments:

Webster said...

Good luck on your rewrites, and best of luck on your finals. Reunions are so much fun, aren't they?

Have Myelin? said...

Good for you on Phi Theta Kappa! My son is a member and he won a full scholarship to the University of Colorado...so yeppers peepers, Phi Theta Kappa is indeed a big deal! =)

I believe Mother Nature is pissed off. It wouldn't surprise me if the earthquakes and volanco was connected. (think we can blame Congress for that?)