Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Poke, time for an update

I have been politely informed that I should be posting an update. I do not disagree with that notion, not one iota. The problem is that I do not know what to write about. I can hear the collective eye rolls already so don't start with me. Politics, immigration, oil spill, terrorism, economic recovery, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, and the list is never ending.

I do not really feel like ranting today yet I fear that is where this is going to end up. In defense of myself, SUCK IT!

I must apologize for that last outburst. It seems I have been, as of late any way, suffering from a rare case of Tourettes Lite. It's a lot like regular Tourettes, just without the extreme profanity. To be honest, given my penchant for using profanity, much like Michelangelo used paints, I suppose I have the full blown affliction. So hard to tell sometimes.... but I digress.

So what should I talk about?

I was going to touch on immigration but that is such a hot button topic. Given that the people that are in position to fix the problem are so cravenly P.C. I highly doubt the problem will be solved in a manner that is consistent with protecting our sovereignty. Instead, lets just hand the country over to every illegal with the icy stones to cry racist because I want to send them back to their country. I have no problem with immigrants, so long as they come here by following the rules. If you had to sneak over in the dead of night, or in the back of some tractor trailer with a few dozen of your own countrymen, then as far as I am concerned we should tag you with a GPS implant and set you free on your side of the border. If you get close to the border again, the implant should explode. *SPLORT*

Yea, I know what you are thinking already. It is mean, inhumane, and otherwise illegal under some treaty we signed back in the 40's or some such. Perhaps we just annex Mexico and turn it in to one giant parking lot.

I would strongly suggest, if you have not already done so, do a little research on illegal immigration (and no, Wikipedia is not a truly reliable source). The information you find might be a wee bit interesting.

So now that I have offended every illegal immigrant, as well as nearly all bleeding heart liberals, what else can I touch on for you? Politics is too obvious. How about the Middle East? Nah, too likely to end up on someone's death list. Though, I think if we just carpet bomb everything between Israel and Japan we should put an end to a lot of that crap. Just don't forget, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

Holy crap! How could I forget. I was talking to a friend of mine today, who I have not seen in quite some time I might add, and we touched on something that I think would work. Dunno why I didn't think of this before.

We, the United States, are constantly sending aid to other countries, right? It exists in the form of money, food, medical supplies, troops, housing, and all sorts of stuff like that. We have people, troops mostly anyways, building schools and hospitals and housing for the poor suffering people of these third world countries, many of whom that are content to take advantage of the less fortunate and weak among them. All the while, we are always hearing about the homeless, the hungry, the unfortunate bottom rung on the ladder of American society. I have an idea that solves two problems.

Why don't we redirect those resources back inside our own borders. Why don't we send these legions of people spending our tax dollars in Bumfuckt, Slovenia to the most desperate areas of our own country? Why not build that housing in locations that would be a benefit to our own citizens? Why not build build schools in places that don't have them? Why the hell don't we take all of these tons of food and medical supplies and provide it to the citizens of this very country? Why in the fuck are we taking something from my table and sending it to some lazy-ass somewhere on the other side of the world when my fellow country men, women, and children are suffering every day?

You see, we are so busy helping everyone else in the world that we have blinders on when we look at the plight of our very own citizens. How dare anyone get on television and cry for money for the starving children in Indonesia, or where-the-hell-ever they are at, when we have children right here in the good old U.S. of A. going to bed hungry. How dare someone point out the horrid living conditions in Bolivia when we are children living on the streets right here in the richest country in the world.

I say we return those resources home and take care of our own first. Once we have our own house in order then, and only then, should we spare what we can for everyone else. Exceptions can be made for unforeseeable disasters (Haiti comes to mind) but I have had enough of the word suckling at the teat of the U.S.A. and not giving anything back.

Do you suppose that might piss off one or two people? I hope so.


Homework must get done. Later all!

Mike

4 comments:

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

I agree. Come here LEGALLY. If they aren't LEGAL then they are ILLEGAL, which means they ARE NOT LEGAL.They are on the Other side of the law.Which means they should not be here! I am in Texas. We have so many illegal immigrants and they get upset if they are racially profiled. Its very scary to know that Mexico can't even keep their people safe and the drug lords are recruiting Americans. You will probably like this, this is from my dad's facebook:
I find it hard to believe that our current Administration would allow a leader from another country stand in front of our Congress and criticize our country for opposing illegal immigration. If you agree or not with the reason it makes our country look weak. Also, every Representative or Senator that gave him a stand...

Mike said...

Agreed. I read somewhere, will have to try to find the link, where Wolf Blitzer interviewed the Mexican President and asked him about their immigration policies. Theirs are 100% worse than ours including the fact they send police out looking for illegal immigrants specifically. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Have Myelin? said...

I agree Mike. I am rather surprised more legal immigrants are not against illegal immigration because they worked so hard to get their legal status. I'd be shoving back and saying hey you, do it like I did if I were in their shoes!

But nobody asked me. LOL.

I don't dare lose MY papers in Mexico, eh? I don't DARE cross the border to Mexico, eh? (not that I'd want to)

Have Myelin? said...

So......it's July 1st. =) When do we get another post?

Oh, word verification says "awful". Is that a hint to go away? LOL.