Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Saturday, May 8, 2010

Spring semester is over

Well I did it. I survived spring semester. Two A's and two B's gave me a semester GPA of 3.55 with a cumulative 3.45. I am satisfied with that. Sure, I would like to have had straight A's but I am not too greedy. So what does this have to do with anything? Nothing really. I just wanted to toot my own horn, as it were. :)

The last couple of months have been kind of rough. My personal monkey has been quite troublesome and active. Constant fatigue, all over aches, foggy & muddled mind just for starters. The heat and humidity, here in South Georgia, is doing nothing to help. When you add in the stress of semester finals it just goes over the edge. Summer semester begins on the 25th. I have three online and one live class. The one i will have to be at every morning is Public Speaking. I am not sure how i feel about it but I have to take it for my degree so I will have to work especially hard on it. Luckily I have a few weeks to rest up for it.

The few days following finals were quite nice. The stress was all but removed and I got to stay indoors, for the most part. It was a wonderful few days. I didn't have to think about much of anything. ahhhhhhhhh. Well now that all of that is over I have a house to get cleaned up for my aunt, who is coming to visit next week, and yard work to get done. I am certainly not looking forward to the yard work but at least I can do that early in the morning when it is cooler. Yay?

I went to see Iron Man 2 last Friday. It was an ok movie but not as good as the first one. It just seemed to me like they were trying to do too much all at once. Great action, certainly, but the story was just too jumpy. They could have done a better job but for the most i was not disappointed.

Speaking of movies, this summer is going to be filled with must see movies. Prince of Persia, Killers, The A-Team, The Karate Kid (Well this is not so much of a must see but it has Jackie Chan), The Last Airbender, and Despicable Me. There may be a few others i would like to go see but these are at the top of my list. I foresee a lot of flossing out of popcorn kernels this summer. It's an ok trade-off.

Well, I think I will go get me some more coffee and relax a bit more, while I still have time.

Happy Mothers Day.

Remember to appreciate your moms everyday while you can. And remember, you don't need one day of the year to do that.

Toodles everyone!

2 comments:

Have Myelin? said...

Good on ya for your grades! Yes I know, not a good sentence grammar-wise. =p

Going to see Iron Man this afternoon since it is open-captioned at the theater. WOOT. I don't get to pick theater movies, they pick me.

It's hot? Wow. We were expecting 24 inches of snow but it skimmed by here and dumped only an inch of ice. Not sure which is worse.

Have Myelin? said...

Poke.... time for an update. =)