Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Saturday, November 13, 2010

Kenneth Frankovich 1934-2010

Dad passed away last night, quietly, just after 2am. Once a Marine, always a Marine.... he fought to the very end. He was surrounded by family and I believe he knew we were all there.

He lived a long life and lived it on his terms, his way, his rules. It is one of many reasons why he was so loved and respected.

As it is with all things, death is a part of life. My father was never one to shy away from that fact, especially after mom passed in 2006. He didn't like it, not one bit, but he accepted it... hell, he even embraced it. He talked about it often.

The last time we spoke about his death he told me there was one thing he wanted...

He did not want his death mourned but, instead, wanted his life celebrated. I promised him it would be, and it will.

Dad, I will always love you. I thank you for being there when I needed it, for instilling in me the drive to be a good man, a true friend, and most of all a great son. You are the measure by which I hold myself. I fear I may never live up to it but god dammit I will not stop trying.

May your new path always lead to the arms of your true love.

With love and devotion,

Mike

PS: The next round is on me Dad.

2 comments:

Muffie said...

I'm so very sorry, Mike. I lost my Dad, and I know how empty it can feel. You're in my prayers.
Peace,
Muff

Webster said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Mike. I am glad his suffering is over. For what it's worth, you do sound like a son any father would be proud to have.