Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The them you love them before it's too late....

For those of you that have been reading long since somewhere near the beginning you may remember me talking about my mom's death at the claws of cancer (You can read the post here) and again last November with the death of my father (That's here).

My youngest brother was diagnosed in February 2008 with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.  There is no known cure and it is always fatal.  Well, until about three to four weeks ago he had been doing pretty good.  Sadly, with a few back to back hospital stays things took a turn for the worse and he is now a resident of the local Hospice Facility.  The staff are taking extraordinary care of him but there is nothing they can really do short of keeping him comfortable and as pain free as possible.

I find it particularly difficult to see him the way he is now but I try to recall the way he used to be.  Full of life, humor, and high spirits.  I can not help but compare him, as he is now, to my mother and father in their final weeks and days.  There are too many similarities that dredge up painful memories. 

I know I told my parents that I loved them before they went..... I just didn't tell them enough.  The same goes for my brother.  It is not enough the utter the words at someones death bed, you have to say it every day.  No one knows what the next hours may hold for us, much less that traffic on the interstate or that van backing out of the driveway, so we have to be sure that we are telling those around us how much we love them.  Every day we should be doing this.  Parents, siblings, children, cousins, aunts and uncles; we should be saying it to those we care about the most.

At the end of the day there is no guarantee that our loved ones will be there to answer that phone, reply to that email, or give you a hug or a handshake when you walk in the door.  Just no guarantee at all.

May God take away his pain, ease his suffering, fill his wife and daughter with caring and warmth, and then lead him home to our parents.  I love you bro and I'm sure gonna miss you.


2 comments:

Sherri said...

keeping you in thoughts and prayers...

married with children said...

Michael...Praying for your brothers peace and comfort and also for you and his wife and daughter. I know from experience as do you that there is little solace in people saying that. Not that you don't appreciate it, but that it doesn't lessen your pain. But I do know this, he is in the best care that he can possibly be in Hospice is a wonderful gift to the families and patients near the end of their time. I am so sorry and I really do feel your pain.If you ever need someone to talk to you know where to find me.....Your friend Amber...