Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Monday, December 12, 2011

Well aren't I the goof...

Ok, that was the best title i could come up with.  It really does kind of suck but it is what it is.

Let me start of first by saying that I am sorry.  A few months back someone who reads this blog sent me a couple of gift cards for Winn Dixie Grocery Store.  I honestly meant to say something sooner but it has been quite a challenging period.

My sincerest thanks to whom ever (who ever?  I always get that messed up) sent me those cards.  They were greatly appreciated and used appropriately though I must admit that the cat got quite a bit of benefit out of them as well.  Liter, dry food, can food, and flea shampoo (In truth I don't think she was as happy about that particular item nearly as much as I was).  Anyway, thank you so very much!  Now if you hear about a job....

Which brings me to that subject.  I still have not found anything.  I have been sending out resumes to nearly all parts of the country (Just so you know there is not enough money on this planet for me to live/work in California, New Jersey, and/or new York).  I have sent several out to the Pacific Northwest.  I really have no desire to live in Oregon or Washington but if that is where the work is then I really may have to consider it.  Of course, lacking a car is going to make all of that suck.  I lost the transmission in my truck a few months ago and without a job I could not afford the monthly payment anyway.  However, with no transportation it is only going to get harder.  Who the hell knows, it's not like I have a real job that necessitates the need for a vehicle anyway.  PFFFFFT!

Which leads me to the season.  Now I could pitch an unholy fit (no pun intended) about how everything has been forgotten, how over commercialized it has become, blah, blah, blah, but we all know that would be a colossal waste of time and effort.  Suffice it to say I no longer like the holidays.  My reasons are mostly my own so deal with it.  With all that being said.....


I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas 
and a safe and Happy New Year!!!

3 comments:

Have Myelin? said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

And if I had your address (hint, hint) I'd send you a Christmas card. =p

Mike said...

No cards please. I would rather people save the cost of the stamp, the cost of their time, and the cost of the card for more important things.

Yes, I know that it is a pittance but it all adds up over time.

Your comment was more than enough for me!!

Have Myelin? said...

Well, I bought a box of 8 Christmas cards.

Then I realized I only had two people to mail them to.

Also the news is reporting post office closures. (no jobs)

We need to buy stamps. =p

Word verification of the day: kingle. LOL.