Kelly Clarkson rocks!!
Check out her cover of
Walkin After Midnight.
Patsy Cline is still one of my favorite artists and
Video is no longer up.... if anyone knows where this can be located let me know!!!!


Saturday, June 2, 2012

Starting a new chapter

It's June. 

YAY!

Ok, perhaps a bit too much but still.....

Time for a huge update.  I have left Georgia.  I got tired of not being able to find real work and also of the friendly suggestions that I should go on welfare and food stamps and what not.  I want to work.  I want to be a productive member of society while I still can.  I understand that between the MS and the diabetes there will come a time when I am not able to work and then must depend on government, as well as private, resources.  Until then I want to work.

Now you may be wondering where it is I moved to.  Let me start by saying that I have two wonderful friends who offered to take me in and help me get back on my feet.  I have known them for many years and they have been after me for some time to relocate.  I had been putting it off but I just could not any longer.  Despite what I wanted it seems life made a totally different set of plans.

With that being said I have moved to Phoenix, Arizona.  Out of the frying pan and into the fire so to speak.  It's not terribly bad out here, heat-wise, but it will take some getting used to.  I will not be out in the mid to late afternoon during the summer time here, that is for sure.  It's already getting stupid hot.  Enough of that though.  I have already had more job interviews performed than I have had in the last six months back in Georgia, not to mention more interviews set up in less than a week of being here than I have had in nine months.

Lots of opportunity here.  Lots of really wonderful people.  I have found a coffee shop that is really great, met a bunch of people who are really great, and been introduced to a new life. 

I am looking at this as a new chapter in my life; a new adventure.  I think I really needed to make a radical change in my life to jump start things.  Not a whole lot more radical than moving cross-country but there it is. 

I am sitting at the coffee shop right now typing this blog post.  Listening to some great music, sipping a nice chilled coffee, looking forward to what the future has to offer for the first time in a long time, and really excited about life once again.  I suppose if I had realized how great this would be for me, emotionally as well as spiritually, I would have done this a long time ago.

The coffee shop is having trivia tonight.  I think I need to go get my brain in gear because I think I am going to play.  Should be a blast.

Take care folks and until next time remember to smile.  That way people will think you are up to something!!!!

  Mike

2 comments:

Webster said...

Congratulations on the big move and on the interviews you have already set up. Good Luck!

I know Arizona is HOT, especially with the La Nina weather pattern we've been having... but hey, it's a dry heat! NO HUMIDITY!!! [Still, you're wise to stay in the a/c during the afternoon.]

Have Myelin? said...

WOW! Congratulations! Land of opportunity, eh? Hmmm.... I simply can't fathom the heat...!